The Hans Konrad Rahn Foundation was established in 2003 with starting capital of CHF 250,000 to mark the 70th birthday of Hans Konrad Rahn. The Foundation's organisational capital currently amounts to some CHF 2.5 million.
The Foundation continues the mission of the Rahn relief fund, which for decades supported social projects in the Zurich region and also made donations to help disaster victims in both Switzerland and other countries.
Like the relief fund in its time, the Foundation receives two percent of the cash flow of RAHN AG each year. This is supplemented by generous donations from the Rahn family and other benefactors. The Foundation consequently has access to annual funds of between CHF 300,000 and
In 2019, the Foundation supported various social institutions to the total sum of CHF 311,000 (2018: CHF 301,000). Examples of applications approved in 2019:
- Stiftung Hirzelheim, Regensberg
Investing in the renovation and extension of the annexe at the home for hearing-impaired and elderly people
- Femia, Zurich
Contributing to the education centre for femal migrants
- Verein Podium Demenz, Wetzikon
Co-financing the dementia associations' webseite "www.alzheimer.ch"
- Focus Vennes, Zurich
Co-financing the new Küsnachtertobel scout centre
- Schalktheater, Zurich
Donation towards the weekly theatre workshop for people with mental illnesses
- Stiftung Birkenhof, Berg (Dägerlen)
Contributing to the renovation of the residence for adults with an intellectual impairment
- Stiftung Sprachheilschulen im Kanton Zürich, Zurich
Supporting the therapeutic and socio-pedagogical work of the foundation for schools for young people with speech defects in the Canton of Zurich
- Beratungsstelle Frauen-Nottelefon, Winterthur
Co-financing the anniversary concert of the advice centre/emergency helpline for women
- Stiftung Theodora, Hunzenschwil
Contributing to the work of "dream doctors" who visit sick children in hospital to cheer them up
Board of Trustees
- Urs Lauffer, President, President Fritz-Gerber Foundation for talented young people
- Fritz Frischknecht, lic. oec., Secretary
- Sascha Kümin Grell, lic. iur.
- Markus L. Meyer, COO of RAHN AG
- Prof. Katharina Prelicz-Huber, Member of the Swiss National Council, President of VPOD Switzerland
- Ana Patricia Rahn Erden, lic. iur., Entrepreneur